Group Visits Information – 2017
Set in spectacular landscape in the Tamar Valley, Morwellham Quay is a ‘lost’ Victorian village, port and copper mine offering a fascinating day out for visitors of all ages.
OPENING TIMES: 10am to 5pm We suggest you allow three to five hours for a visit.
Watch demonstrations and listen to talks giving fascinating insights about the people who lived and worked here.
- Enjoy the charm of a bygone age as costumed guides show you what life was really like:
- Lend a hand making a rope;
- Join a Victorian school lesson;
- Learn about child labour;
- Board the Garlandstone for life at sea.
COPPER MINE: A trip on the famous mine train takes you into the George & Charlotte copper mine for a fascinating insight into living and working in the 19th Century. Learn about the appalling conditions faced by the miners who risked their lives extracting the minerals that helped drive the industrial revolution. Lasts 40 minutes. Groups of 40 at a time.
FOOD: A variety of snacks, hot and cold lunches, cakes and cream teas are served.
ACCESS: Because of the age of the site and buildings, some areas have restricted access for anyone with limited mobility as the ground is uneven.
DIRECTIONS: From Tavistock in Devon, follow the brown signs - take the A390 towards Liskeard and bear left after two miles. From Cornwall, follow the signs on the A390 towards Tavistock and turn right 1 mile after Gunnislake Bridge.
- A discounted rate to groups of 16+
- A trip on the George and Charlotte copper mine railway
- Access to all of the daily timetabled activities
- FREE coach parking in the main car park
- All prices inclusive of V.A.T.
- FREE entry to the coach driver
- Adults & Concessions including train ride: £9.50 | Excluding train ride £8.50
- Children: including train ride £8.50 | Excluding train ride £7.50
To qualify for the group rates the group must consist of a minimum of 16 paying individuals.
The payment must be paid in full, in one transaction by the group leader. Train tickets will be issued to each person.
Click here to download further information on the group visits.
Click here to download a group booking form.
Morwellham Quay Terms & Conditions for Group Bookings CLICK HERE